Wednesday 4 September 2013

The Bakepunk Manifesto

I've been baking for a while now and kept a sourdough starter going for several months; this has been producing good, straightforward bread.  On the success of this, I'm going to try some different ideas, and share the results.

I am far from calling myself a baker; but am getting generally good results so far, and having a good time doing it.  It's an opportunity to listen to some music and chill out a bit.

I have a camera, some more time at home (new baby in the house), and want to get me learnt.  What follows is the results, good and bad.

I 've got plenty of ideas, and like to spread the eating when it's done.  So I'll share the recipes, methods and results in a blog too, for my own reference and in case it's of help to anyone else.

I'm generating good quantities of sourdough and have given surplus away so friends can bake too - and explained the feeding process and basic recipe lots of times; so now can post here and just send them a link.  Awesome.

I've done a lot of reading around bread and baking, and found a lot of complicated chat around the science of the bake.  I struggle with this and have found what works for me in terms of touch and feel - I'll try and relay that as I go along.

That said, if I learn some good baking schizzle on the way, in a way that makes sense; I'll attempt to make clear what I've learnt.

If anyone ever reads this and has anything constructive to offer, let rip a comment by all means.

I'm based in the UK, so measurements and references might not translate.

No comments:

Post a Comment