Wednesday 4 September 2013

kickstarter baking project - British Brotform

Mike Batho successfully raised his goal amount on Kickstarter to produce British Brotform proving baskets with locally sourced labour and materials in the UK earlier this year.

Mike's website is cool http://www.breadstead.co.uk/, where he gives updates on the project and lots of other baking goodness.

I helped fund this project with the purchase of 2 of the finished article, I'm eagerly awaiting receiving them fresh from first production.

I relayed the project via Twitter to my awesome local kitchen shop (The Kitchener) in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, who then pledged some more orders towards the total.

Success.  And a profitable use of mixed social media.

I love it when a plan comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment